I made this maquette about two years ago, and have been meaning to do something with it ever since.  I finally got around to making it on a larger scale a few weeks ago.

This platter is about 18" in diameter to give you a sense of the scale. I think I will try making this again.  I am somewhat happy with how it came out,   but it could be betterThis was my first use of the new wheel I got this winter.  It took me a long time to get around to it because I was finishing the massive (for me) commission I had received.  I finally finished that and I have been able to play for the first time in months!!

As I was making the triangular one I had extra clay and wanted to keep on playing so I also made a square platter.  I ended up being more excited by this form than the triangular one.  I don't usually work late, but I ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning sketching surface design options for this form.

I think it came out fairly well.  I am hoping it will be more exciting once fired.  I am also planning to add some gold luster into the final design. 

I have also been working on some other forms.  I made 3 new molds over the winter for travel cups.  The one in the middle is the only one I have glaze fired a version of, it works well.  It even fits one of those silicone travel lids perfectly so I have been using it regularly.  I am excited to see what comes out of these forms in the future.  The one negative thing I have to say about them is that the molds are not all that great in quality, and somewhat frustrating to use.  Here in Savannah there is no local source for #1 pottery plaster, so I occasionally use molding plaster.  I have decided that molding plaster sucks.  Every mold I have made from it has problems, including being more brittle than my better molds.  I have decided I will never use it again for a working mold or model.