Art to Table




After spending June working on making molds, I spent July making work for the show Art to Table that will be opening this Friday August 8 at Whit's End Gallery here in Savannah.  The incredible Melissa Meyers organized the show as part of her thesis for her masters program at SCAD.  The show will include the work of Lisa Alvarez Bradley, moi, Mitzi Davis, and Rebecca Sipper.  The show is only up for one week, but there is an excellent website to go with the show arttotable.com where there is a sales gallery,and information about the artists and the project.



You may recognize this platter from a previous post.  I started this piece in March, and just finished it last week.  The other platter that was included in the same previous post did not make it through the firing process.  I'm not really sad about that, there were some design flaws with its construction.
This is the platter I made to replace the flawed one, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I also made some more of these pieces.  I really love carving these images, but they take a ridiculously long time to make.  I think I spent 12 hours on the pitcher alone.
I made a mug like the one in the middle last winter, and fell in love with it, so I decided to make some more work to go with it.  I really like the inlay process, I'm not as excited by the ones I did with sgraffito decoration, but I think it is fun to mix the 2.



Comments